Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Emotions Run Deep for a Tuesday


What a day. I love that my husband texted me the news that the Twins have fired Paul Molitor as their coach/manager so I could hear it from him first.

Still, sad news for those of us who have loved the handsome Hall of Famer quite a long while! And any fan who appreciated and respected him – especially after he was named AL Manager of the Year last year. Yes. A fact.

Just goes to show you how upper management can make stupid decisions sometimes.

But not always. Mine gave me great news this week. I get to travel to Seattle for work in less than 2 weeks! And, to fill a little of my time, I get to visit my friend Kristin (fellow newshound in the early '90s) who lives out there. Beyond excited!

After work today, I had a movie date with my friend Cindy. We had both read the book Unbroken and seen the first movie about it and the life of Louis Zamporini. Tonight we saw the second movie about it called Unbroken: Path to Redemption. The first movie was more about the action at war and suffering as a POW. This one was far more emotional as he coped with his demons after coming home. Very good. Very moving. Good stuff!

I stopped at Assumption afterwards and took photos of senior volleyball night. As usual, I may or may not have snapped a few hundred pictures. Ha. But I am not going through them tonight. I have a church bulletin column tonight and sleep to be had.

Hopefully an even-keeled Wednesday is also on the horizon!

No comments: