Saturday, October 6, 2018

Point and Shoot Saturday

My camera and I had a busy day today. And somehow, even though the clouds were hanging pretty low, the rain held off. Didn't mean it was warm. But it was dry.

Started out at the Ridges golf course nearby. Today was the Lincoln High School cross country invitational so Assumption was running in that. I guess it's the closest thing to a "home" meet since we aren't big enough to host any.

Varsity boys ran at 10:30 a.m. followed by varsity girls at 11 a.m. Didn't necessarily have a favorite picture. It was just so nice to have clouds that it was ideal for us photographer types!

And the action was pretty good, too. Our boys team took 10th out of 20-some teams but among the smaller schools, we finished ahead of one of our conference rivals. That will hopefully mean we can repeat that this coming week at the conference championship meet. Always something to work toward.

We didn't have a full girls team today but the 4 we had beat their previous race times. These girls work so hard to improve each race. Love that about them!

I also saw one of our friends we've worked with in previous publishing jobs. His son was running for Stevens Point JV so I stuck around and got picture of him, too.


The funny thing is, I once ran a 5K with A.J. and he kicked my butt. And he was only in grade school. I know that doesn't take much, but I think he'll be pretty good. His dad has always been a runner. Just can't believe his oldest boy is in high school. Where does the time go?

Speaking of baby boys. Got to do one of my senior portrait shoots after the cross country meet, too. Since Cale was running for our team, I did have to give him time to shower and clean up first! Thankfully, the rain still held off but it was windy and chilly. I gave him props for being willing to have some pictures in short sleeves!


He was a great sport, though. As all my photo subjects have been. My friends have some pretty cool kids!

Tonight was our at-home night. Both hubby and I home at the same time. Wow. Have been alternating between watching baseball and the Badgers. Just a good night to recover from a busy day in our recliners.

As tomorrow will be a point and shoot Sunday... but not quite as busy a schedule! Praying Mother Nature will cooperate just one more time.

No comments: