Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Lady in Waiting


Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I'm now serving as the Lady in the Waiting for Princess Poops-A-Lot. And, according to the meme above, they're all princesses, aren't they?

I laughed when I saw this because this happens all. The. Time. With Sylvester.

Hubby left yesterday afternoon for a work trip to Charlotte (thankfully the current hurricane is on the gulf side instead). When I got home from golf last night, kitty was meowing and acting desperate for food. Sure enough, when I got downstairs to her bowl, I could see in her pile of food there, that part of the bottom of the dish was showing.

Oh, the travesty! A princess mustn't eat the obviously stale, tasteless, bottom layer of food in the bowl. And there can never be a hint that she'll run out of food.

So my job until Friday night is to keep her alive. I mean, keep her happy!

She behaved last night. No surprise piles worthy of breaking toes this morning. Yet. When I did feed her and give her water, she collapsed on the floor. That's the sign for, "Oh servant, scratch and rub my back!" I am worthy of this task only because she missed her daily morning massage from her master. That usually happens around 5 a.m. when she taps Jim's shoulder. He moves over. She gets into his side of the bed and gets a good bed-shaking scratching.

The struggles of being a princess!

The main challenge for both her master and her Lady in Waiting is that we have to be stealthy this week. She can't see a suitcase or her separation anxiety (followed by poop piles) begins. Jim actually had all of his clothes on the bed, then at the last minute Tuesday, got the suitcase, packed, and shoved it in the car before she could see it.

Not that she cares that I'm leaving, but I'm doing the same thing. I have Seattle clothes on the bed. My sister weekend clothes on the floor. And hopefully she'll just think I didn't put laundry away.

I'm just a lowly servant girl, after all.


No comments: