Friday, October 5, 2018

Taking a Rain Check


Sort of had to take a rain check on my plans today. And it worked out for the best.

Initially I had planned to take the afternoon off to get a senior portrait session done – since Assumption didn't have school today AND this was rescheduled from a rainy day. Well guess what? We had another rainy day!

I took the afternoon off anyway!

It was perfect weather to stay in my home office and take care of a bunch of photos I needed to edit and upload for the high school and middle school yearbooks. Got caught up. Yay. Then I could have gone with hubby up to Owen-Withee for the Royals football game. Uhm... rainy and 40-some degrees. I just had to pass.

So my rain date with the cat (sort of) consisted of reading in my recliner and then popcorn and Netflix for supper. Was going to watch the original Star is Born movie on there but I couldn't locate it. So I watched episode 1 of the first season of The Crown. Why yes, I am years behind on that.

And everything on Netflix.

I just don't choose a night off to do that. But I told Jim when he left for the game that I was not going to sit in front of the computer all night! My body can't handle that. Thankfully our seldom-used blu-ray players connects to Netflix. All this convenience I never take advantage of!

I should cash in rain checks more often.

No comments: