Monday, October 22, 2018

Objects in Mirror are Closer Than They Appear

Our mind and eyes can play tricks on us sometimes. We see what we want to see. And blind ourselves to the rest. Other times, it's just the right glance or angle and the object in the mirror (or in front of us) takes on a new meaning.


When I was out for a walk-run on Saturday, as soon as I turned the corner and saw the shadows, the light, the trees, I thought... church! It's like nature's cathedral! A nice trick on my mind.

Here's another one... Waking up to snow, my twin went outside to build a snowman.

I didn't say it was a big one! But you certainly could trick people with the right view.

By Sunday morning, the snow had melted off the patio table and Mr. Snowman had lost his head. Somehow, it was cold enough though (brrrrr) for him to stay mostly intact. Yikes.

When we were looking through some old photos, I was looking at one of Dad and thought, well, maybe we do look a bit alike (as I've been told but denied).

Definitely no doubt I belong to LeRoy, that's for sure! Never really saw it. I guess I just needed the right photograph for comparison.

Of course, that – and my ability to know everything – earned me the traveling LeRoy trophy. If you can't see it, it says, "Sometimes when I open my mouth, my dad comes out!" Amen and nothing wrong with that.

Next time something causes you to do a double-take, stop and take that second look. You might be rewarded.



No comments: