Sunday, October 14, 2018

No Snow-homish

Dateline SNOHOMISH, Wash. -- Actually is pronounced like snow-ho-mish, but unlike Wisconsin and Minnesota, nothing but sun and 60s out here in the greater Seattle area!

Arrived yesterday (Saturday) about 1 p.m. and my friend Kristin picked me up. We spent the afternoon in downtown Seattle, mainly walking around the Pike Place Market area. And some other touristy things because, well, I'm a tourist!

I took lots of pictures, naturally, but they're on camera.  Here's some from my phone though... (and disregard typos as I'm doing this all on my phone!)


Naturally, we had to get Starbucks.  Stopped at the very first one ever. Long line there so took pictures and got our coffee at the one down the block. Because well, there is one almost on every block in Seattle!

Something I did not know about Seattle is they have a great gym wall. Actually walls om both sides of this alley. I call it the ABC (already been Chewed) wall.

I think it would make a nice senior portrait background!
We did plan to go up in the space needle but it was a 3-hour wait, so we moved on.

Trolled the streets and found this guy! Weird but so cool. Lots of folks taking pictures. Does help to have a "local" as your tour guide.

This was a cool view! Have the Space Needle on the left, Mount Rainier in center, and Seattle's harbor area.

Met up with Kristin's husband for dinner (fresh seafood) then to their place. Was tired with the 2-hour time difference.  In fact I woke up at 5:30 a.m. local time because it would have been 7:30 a.m. at home!

Unlike the countless reports of snow at home, we had a gorgeous day out here. Not a cloud in the sky. And just shy of 70 degrees. Perfect to see some scenery!

Went for a nice 6-hour Sunday drive. One of first stops was Deception Pass.

This bridge is crazy high and I had a deceptively high amount of courage to cross it. Yes, a walking lane. A yes, I had a bit of a panic attack, but made it over. And back! Don't look down. Just breathe.

My heart was racing for an hour after that, I think. Good thing they sell ice cream in Washington so I could recover!

One of the neatest stops was Fort Casey State Park. Right on Puget Sound. Could see San Juan Islands and more on the Pacific coast. Beautiful!
And look at all this driftwood on the beach. Some pieces the size of telephone poles.

And look! A lighthouse! We climbed to the top. I have proof! I guess after that bridge,  everything was minor.

Took a ferry on the way back. Did not see McDreamy anywhere, even though he always rode the ferry by Seattle on Grey's Anatomy!

That's OK. This perfect, no snow weather is better than a celebrity sighting any day! Supposed to be like that here all week. I, however,  won't last here as long as the weather. Might get to do something tomorrow but for most part, it's work time.

There was an actual purpose to this trip. Besides avoiding Old Man Winter's early arrival.

No comments: