Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Hollow-een


Take it from an Empty Nester, holidays – all of them – are hard. I just want to snuggle with my cute little clown baby or dinosaur toddler or ninja pre-teen. Dang.

Time flies... like witches on brooms.

I haven't carved a pumpkin in years and this year, mainly being gone for half of October, I didn't even get pumpkins to decorate outside. Just don't have the same ambition without having a kid around. Granted, he was too old to dress up the past few years, but still. The holidays are just reminders of days gone by. And what our hearts are missing.

Hollow-days, they should be called.

I did text Mr. College to see if he was going trick-or-treating. Now that he's in a house, he said they might just have the light on for trick-or-treaters. I reminded him they can't hand out beer to kids. Ha. Hopefully, it was a fun night.

We had our usual five trick-or-treaters. All siblings from the other side of the neighborhood. Basically, as long as they're around, I am justified buying a bag of candy with treats that I like. In case there are any leftovers.


Unfortunately, since I can't make this deal any more, I have to take matters into my own hands. I'll dress up as an Empty Nester and knock on my own door if I have to.

Hopefully hubby will answer it.

Hope you had lots of treats today! Hugs to you fellow moms and dads missing your little monsters!


No comments: