Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Seasonal Deception Disorder


Two things I know. One, it's Pumpkin Spice Season (and I have a lovely pillow from my sister Romey to remind me). And two, since Thanksgiving and pumpkin pies are nearly a month away, that season isn't going anywhere!

Yet somehow, nestled in between then, now, and Halloween in a week, the Christmas season is stealthily sneaking in.

Did you know the Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas starts Friday night already? Yes, there is still baseball on TV. Yes, the best cross country runners in the state will compete in the chilly temps on Saturday. Yes, we were planning to golf on Sunday (changed mind now with forecast).

But YES, I am still excited the season (whichever one) is upon us. In fact, here's my current view...


In reality before Thanksgiving arrives, my countdown will include – but isn't limited to – 2 days to Hallmark Christmas movies, 3 days to book club, 7 days to leftover trick-or-treat peanut butter cups, 10 days to a "close the course" run at our golf course in Stevens Point, 18 days to the Elf musical at the Fireside Dinner Theatre in Fort Atkinson with our Ladies Night Out group, 3 weeks 'til the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in Green Bay, and 4 weeks and day to Thanksgiving.

And you thought my recent travels were the busy part of my schedule!

All fun things, though. I can't wait to celebrate all the different seasons as they arrive – and overlap and intermingle with the others.

No comments: