Sunday, October 21, 2018

Gathering of the Goddesses

This weekend marked the 20th Gathering of the Goddesses, mainly known as Sister Weekend or Wild Women's Weekend (or simple WWW). But since all 7 of us sisters are over 50 now, I think we deserve Goddess status. Don't you?

And based on our recycling bin at the end of the weekend, we might have to take the word Wild out of the title!

We stayed at the Grand Pines Resort outside of Hayward – the same place we stayed for WWW I. In fact, the exact same cabin! Figured it should come full circle for such a milestone. Doesn't mean it ends here. Just wanted it to be special.

In a way, Mother Nature cooperated 100 percent.

Our view on Thursday afternoon when we arrived.

Our view Saturday morning when we woke up!

While the cool weather did limit our exposure to the great outdoors, we still did some shopping downtown and ventured around the resort a bit. In the crazy wind!

Luckily, some Jack Pine Savage left his hat in our cabin. It was actually part of the rustic decor, but I borrowed it for a bit!

Had to keep my ears warm and my wits about me. The Northwoods has not place for City-fied Girls like me. Ha.

Overall, the time indoors ended up being very special quality time. Our older sisters gave Raylene and I a surprise belated 50th birthday party! Awesome! And we had lots of relaxing time to talk, visit, catch up, cry a little, and laugh until we couldn't breathe. Lots of that going on!


Guess that's why my heart was smiling the whole way home. That and getting to see hubby for the first time in 10 days. And watching the Vikings win. All that and a big load of laundry.

I feel like a Goddess!


No comments: