Monday, October 15, 2018

MARVEL-ous Monday

Oh you know, it was a typical Monday. Hanging out with the occasional super hero.

Actually worked this morning since my hosts had to work and the kids were at school.  Kristin got out of work at lunchtime so I caught a little sun in Mr. Deck Chair Northwest.

I realize that I am cheating on the other Mr. Deck Chair and he's covered with snow. Don't judge me. I'll make it up to him. Just couldn't resist 60 and sunny on my last day with some free time!

Kristin and I headed into the city for the afternoon. Visited the Museum of Pop Culture,  which featured a Marvel comics exhibit and exhibits of Seattle-based musicians Hendrix, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam. Plus all kinds of interesting artifacts owned by Microsoft founder and Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen, who coincidentally died today.


Fun and strange stuff, I tell ya!

We walked around downtown after that and grabbed lunch at the Amazon Go store. It is the one thing of all that Seattle offers that Carter told me to see.

You scan yourself on the way in, pick your stuff (pretty much food stuff), and walk out. It just knows what you put in your bag. Crazy and I was charged correctly for my lunch of Red Bull and a coconut cupcake. Ha.

After that, we meandered our way back to the car and she dropped me off at my hotel, just few blocks up from Pike Place market and harbor view park.

I took a walk and found an ice cream place. They call this Washington Hazelnut Brittle with Salted Ganache.  I call it dinner.

The sinking sun was also a treat.  Just couldn't stay out too long. The homeless come out in droves in the evening.  It is a sad reality here.

Was blessed to see so much of the positive aspects of the area. And super blessed to spend quality time with a dear friend of 25 years!

May just have to come back to this Marvel-ous neck of the woods.

No comments: