Thursday, October 11, 2018

Holy Hurricane, Cat Woman!

It's a bit unnerving when one day you're telling your hubby you're glad a hurricane is on the Gulf side of Florida and the next day he's right in the path.

My comforting thought is that Michael was downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it parked over Charlotte, N.C., where Jim is parked, too, until tomorrow. It was just a lot, lot, lot of rain there today and wind. But by 6 or so  central time, he said it was sunny out there. Hopefully, that's a sign of an on-time and safe flight home tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.


Meanwhile, it was Girls Night on Blue Jay Drive. A reward for good behavior (for both of us, ha). She's looking all sad and pouty here, but she did sit on my lap and let me – yes, the master let the servant serve her – pet her.


I had to take a picture to prove to Jim that we were getting along. He doesn't want any fighting going on!

After a nice nap (her, not me) on the recliner, she hopped into her own chair and I was able to secretly pack my bags. For the most part. I don't need anything special for the trip. But it's hard to think ahead to our annual sister weekend a week in advance. Packed some stuff but I'm not bringing anything extra. My brain can't function that way.

I'll see if I think of anything at work tomorrow. I still have a normal "let's not think about exciting trip" Friday at the office to get through.

Hopefully, work goes quickly, Jim gets home safely, and Princess doesn't poop-a-lot anywhere in the meantime!


No comments: