Monday, October 8, 2018

Who Ya Gonna Call? Stress Busters


If you're a parent of terrible-twos toddlers or snarky teenagers or anything in between, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Some day those stressors will be your stress-busters.

It just happened to feel like a Monday. I know. Poor Monday gets a bad rep. But it could have been any day. Just that it was today that I had stress pile on. A decent amount at work but it was the outside forces that made it overwhelming (technical problems with a freelance job, meetings to plan for committees, a t-shirt design gone wrong, yada yada).

I had to apologize to some friends for accidentally venting on them. To cheer myself up, I looked at this cute picture of our baritone player – taken 8 years ago today – and I created a countdown to my Seattle trip. 4 day 15 hours and 32 minutes 'til I land. For those who are counting. Some days you just need something to look forward to, right?

It was a huge surprise and delight when I heard Carter's ringtone (Guns N' Roses' Sweet Child O' Mine) on my way home from work.

We talked for about 40 minutes. It was just what I needed. To my dismay, he said he tried calling me twice last week. For some reason those calls didn't go through. Maybe it was God's plan that we connect today. He was having a stressful day, too.

We both talked each other off the ledge and I just wanted to cry. Dang. I love that kid so much.

Hold onto hope parents. They learn to love and appreciate you and, yes, even need you.

A stressful day. An unprompted call College Boy. Priceless.

And blessed. Just keep breathing...

No comments: