Thursday, August 22, 2019

But, Mommm


I believe I heard it from my hubby first – years ago after a teenage eye roll – "The reason parents have kids is to embarrass them!"

All in good fun, of course. When they look back at it. In a decade or so.

Tonight I got to witness some good-natured mother-son fun. It goes without saying that whatever sport you play in life, your mom is your biggest fan. Right? Tonight I was shooting a picture of seniors for a football schedule poster. And the moms asked to be a part of it. They had something in mind. And I'm so glad they did!

What a hoot of a shoot.


So we have these tough guys...


And moms come in to show some love...


Then move in for a simple kiss on the cheek! Can you just hear the collective, "Noooo!"


I was laughing and couldn't hold the camera still! Here's my boy Trent misbehaving for my friend Jodi. Ha.


They did cooperate for one so the moms will appreciate that.


And we did mother-son goalpost pairings as well. It was fun. I just don't think the boys realize that even though school hasn't started, the "lasts" are starting and will continue for the next year!

Be patient with your biggest fan, boys. Some day you'll thank her on national television with a big, "Love you, Mom!"

I just know it.


No comments: