Saturday, August 24, 2019

Having a Ball

When you have so many balls up in the air, you don't know what to do... you catch each one and enjoy.

Last night was footballs. Home opener for our Royals. School doesn't start until next week, but fall sports are underway! We hosted Dominion – a tough Milwaukee area team. Lost by some 30 points but at least we scored 19 so we are quite capable. Very young team this year with lots of kids I didn't know. But took pictures of as many as I could so I imagine I will get to know them.

Today was tennis balls and golf balls. Sort of. Our Lady Royals tennis team was playing some sort of 4-school competition in Wisconsin Rapids today so I caught about half an hour of that – took as many action shots as possible – before heading to golf.


Today was the 8th annual John Swendrowski Memorial Golf Outing in support of the Assumption Football program. Gorgeous weather. Since hubby's all-male foursome fell apart this year, I got to golf with him. Yay! And with such late notice, got teamed up Len and Marv (two guys overflowing with wisdom, comments and jokes). We didn't win any prizes for our game, but it was fun.


At the banquet afterward, I did manage to win this raffle basket of chocolate, coffee, and other goodies.

No wonder I'm having a ball this weekend!

No comments: