Friday, August 2, 2019

Pick-a-Nic Basket




Call me Yogi Bear, but I love a good Pick-a-Nick, too! Today we had our company summer picnic right across the street at SentryWorld.

I volunteered for part of the time – checking in attendees at the beginning and helping with raffle prizes in the end. In the middle, I enjoyed food and fun. Even with 3,000-plus attending, there was still something for everyone – music, bingo, bouncy houses, bean bags, arcade games, lawn games, face painting, cotton candy and, of course, ice cream.


You'll notice from this picture that the apples were a close second in popularity to cotton candy. Well OK. Not that close!


My friends' daughter Maggie and I bypassed both of those selections and went straight for the ice cream. Been a long time since I had a Drumstick. Still yummy!

The picnic got down about the time I'd normally go home from work anyway. Got some things done at home and then went over to our friend Brenda's house for a campfire. After a very stressful week on so many levels, it sure felt good to sit and watch the flames. Talk a little, laugh a little, and just relax.

Life is not always a pick-a-nick but lucky for us, there's always Friday.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: