Thursday, August 15, 2019

Social Hours


This is my brain right now after two full days of a Digital Summit that focused heavily on social media – trends, content, platforms, you name it. The only thing that wasn't social was me.

I know. Hard to believe. I actually started to feel a bit old when I overheard a "girl" mention her father-in-law is 38 years old. Nope. I take that back. I didn't feel old. I felt ancient!

But not too old to learn. I pride myself that I as familiar (or even use) most of what was talked about. It was a very fast-paced two days. Half-hour sessions with either 10 or 15 minutes between. Believe me. My brain is full! Pretty cool and interesting speakers though.


Enjoyed hearing Randi Zuckerberg yesterday. Her brother is Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook. Perhaps you've heard of him. She had her role at that silly start-up years ago, too. And now empowers female entrepreneurs. Very impressive.

Had the evening free last night so walked around downtown Minneapolis, since that's where the conference was  and where I was staying.


Got to bond with my fellow news girl Mary Tyler Moore! Yup. A random stranger took the goofy picture of me and didn't bat an eye.

I wandered a bit and found myself at the downtown Target and naturally found...


All kinds of Vikings and Twins goodies. This is SKOL coffee, which I did not buy. I failed to exercise willpower on a Vikings shirt (or 2) and a Twins license plate holder. What? They're cheaper at Target than at the stadium! (*me justifying*)

Today the conference ended at 4:30 p.m., just in time to head home in rush hour traffic. Certainly makes me appreciate driving in rural Wisconsin – even with the deer. Feels good to be home safely so I can rest my brain and body.

Honestly, other than blogging quick, I have no desire to interact right now. It's anti-social hour now!

No comments: