Wednesday, August 28, 2019

La-La-La-Bomba Squad


This just in...Jonathan Schoop is the Twins' 7th player to hit at least 20 home runs this season – tying an MLB record and setting one for the franchise!

I don't know about you, but I don't feel like anything I accomplished today can compete with that!

I did draft one heckuva fantasy football team last night. Not really. I am so out of the loop I know my quarterback and kicker and the rest are just names. I don't think the Swedish Chef Mafia are going to be setting in any league or franchise records this season. But we will have fun!

I also tried to accomplish some BIG tasks today. If you count playing games, buying raffle tickets and eating bad (but yummy) food for a good cause as a "task."


Today was our United Way campaign kickoff at work. That means it was Courtyard Festival time and a whole lotta fun. Our department's fundraiser was Go Big or Go Home. We had big dice to shake out of 5-gallon pails and this gigantic bag toss – actual beanbag chairs getting tossed into the hole. This is my coworker who actually got it on the board. My attempts fell short. Very short. Guess I gotta work on my upper body strength.

Of course, it doesn't take a lot of muscle to pull money out of your wallet. So I was helping United Way win that way.

Tonight I had a marathon. Not a running one. A church meeting. Really gotta get to bed.

As usual, the pillow is always the winner at the end of the day. Hopefully my Twins can keep up their streak, too!

No comments: