Sunday, August 18, 2019

Perfectly Cloudy


Clouds always get a bad rap... unless you're a photographer. I don't know how many times I've heard someone exclaim how it's a beautiful, sunny day for pictures! Uhm, nope. We don't want the sun. The sun creates random shadows that are even hard to fix in Photoshop. The sun also tends to make people squint. Not appealing either.

Today, with 90% chance of rain, I was just hoping for dry clouds at noon. It was lightly sprinkling but done by 12:15 p.m. Whew... Senior Photo Session on!

Met up the daughter of a former co-worker (from both newspapers days and Iola days). Basically have known her since birth and now she's entering senior year! Had a great time tooling around Stevens Point with her with random stops for building, alleys and whatever looked like a good angle.

I don't always share many of my pictures, but Leah's pretty special and you can see why it was so easy with NO sun to deal with!!


Schmeeckle Reserve across the street from where I work!




My favorite. Love the boardwalks in the park!



We may or may not have been trespassing. Not sure but I do know we weren't injured and did not go on the tracks. Just liked the graffiti cars!



Downtown in The Square area, as they call it.



Pillars...


And more pillars. Who knew?


So many different kinds of brick buildings, too. Loved them!



She's a stellar athlete and will be playing hoops for Valparaiso. She's also great at golf and softball, too. So fun to watch! And we had fun today, too.

Now if only I could make a deal with Mother Nature for perfectly cloudy conditions for my remaining shoots. Never hurts to ask, right?

No comments: