Thursday, October 3, 2019

Business Class Travel


I usually say traveling for work isn't as glamorous as it sounds. You are working, after all. But there are exceptions. Flying from fall weather back to summer is always good. (Even record-breaking heat!) And getting there on a private jet... even better.


It just worked out that our company has an office in the St. Louis area so we could take the "shuttle" down on Tuesday and back today. That means quick boarding.


And first-class seating... for everyone. Not like I need the space for my long legs!


But yeah. Pretty cool to get somewhere in 50 minutes versus an 8-hour drive! Definitely the way to travel, folks.


We were there for work – doing a marketing video with a customer – but it just happened the famed St. Louis Arch was on the way from the airport to their offices.  Well a view of it, anyway.  So we stopped to take some pictures,  of course!


Didn't get a chance to go up in it, but I'm not sure that would have been a thing for me and my low bravery levels anyway.


Our hotel was pretty amazing. Part of the mega train station of days gone by. Exterior and interior were beautiful.





And next to it is the brand new attraction called The Wheel – a 200 feet tall ferris wheel with 42 enclosed gondolas that literally opened the day we arrived.


Finally got brave enough to go up in it last night. I means it's part of the hotel complex so not that far back to my room to pass out from anxiety if I needed to.

Don't look down!!!!!!

No passing out. No anxiety attack. Lot of nervousness with all the stops and starts while loading, but then it was 15 minutes of trying to get a picture of the Arch in the distance, etc. It was all glass, though, and lighted inside so the 5 of us were mainly getting reflections of each other. Of course, going during the day would have offered nothing scenic really. Night lights always win out, even if it's not New York City.

Today, after a very successful trip workwise – plus a few great meals and ice cream (duh) – we "shuttled" back. 


Probably good we were leaving town when this is what was happening (or not happening) in the hotel lobby at checkout this morning. I just know all 6 on our team are present and accounted for so we are in the clear. For now, anyway.

If St. Louis doesn't let us back, at least I had my Business Class travel experience!

No comments: