Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Hump Day Headlines

A few highlights from the week so far...


The Cutest Little Pumpkin: Meet my favorite great-niece in the whole state of Wisconsin! Our nephew Colin and his wife Amy gave birth to little Mya late Sunday night. I was holding the pink little bundle of joy by Monday night but waited until they told their friends Monday and Tuesday before I told mine on Wednesday! She's a cutie and very healthy, arriving pretty much right on time. Since the 10 nieces and nephews plus 9 great-nieces and nephews on my side of the family live far away, I can't wait to have this little pumpkin so close by to love on. Good work, kids!


Not My Idea of Fall Colors: White isn't part of the beauty of autumn, if you ask me. Thankfully we only woke up to a ground cover on Tuesday morning. Mainly sticking to grass but temps below freezing made roads a little slick. I'm still working in Pumpkin Spice mode. Hold off on Winter Wonderland stuff at least until November! Of course, most of it's gone but the stuff in the shade is still hanging out. We may get more for Halloween – or at least a windchill advisory. Bundle up your little monsters!


Time Flies When You're Having Fun: I believe that! Can you believe today marks two years already since I started at Sentry? Who says working at an insurance company can't be fun? Well, working in marketing at an insurance company sure is! (You can tell by my desk picture.) Just like any job, it has its stressful moments, but mostly I absolutely love what I'm doing. And the people are a bonus. #winning


Game 7 Sphere: Do you have any idea how much money I have riding on this World Series? I'll tell you. None. But still, it's been pretty interesting to watch or at least follow. Tonight hubby and I are sitting down with our favorite sphere – Hawaiian Pizza – and watching the game. Do I care who wins? Not really. Good 'za, a comfy recliner and handsome date are all I need. Play ball!


No comments: