Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Connecting Flights

While some people may hate on Facebook,  I love that it keeps me connected with old friends. Old as in my age (sorry) and old as in knowing each other a long-arse time.

I've been connected with my college buddy Dave forever. Well college was a long time ago! Knowing that he works for a certain airline,  I always text him when I'm flying it. Even though he's based in Atlanta,  you never know where he's pouring drinks in the sky. 

When I told him I had a very short layover in Minneapolis Tuesday on my way to Portland,  he said he'd be at the airport working that day. But we didn't know if our timing would work.


So while I'm busy getting pictures with Minnie and Paul, he was waiting at my departure gate, knowing for sure I'd get there eventually.

What an awesome treat and surprise to see him! The hug was definitely 25 years over due (at least)! Walka!


We just hugged and laughed and hugged some more. Twenty minutes is not enough time to re-live our UW-La Crosse memories (aka many shenanigans) and catch up on current  life too,  but we made the most of it.

It was so wonderful.  I felt like the best part of my trip was over before I even left!

It was a good reminder to make those connecting flights or visits with people you care about. No matter how brief. Think quality not quantity.

As much as I like Facebook, it doesn't hug me back.

No comments: