Friday, October 4, 2019

Hip-Hop History Lesson


When you build up expectations for something, it's such a treat when it meet and exceeds them! I've been looking forward to seeing Hamilton for years – yes, years – so I was beyond excited for today to come!

In early 2018 they announced the musical about Alexander Hamilton would tour through Appleton. I've seen a lot of Broadway shows (Wicked, Les Miserables, etc) at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center and it's a super venue. Since Hamilton tickets are in such hot demand, the best way to ensure I could get them was to buy a season ticket package. And convince a musical-loving friend to do it with you.


So my girlfriend Cindy and I will get to see some other great shows this season – like Phantom of the Opera and Dear Evan Hansen – but we were most excited about Hamilton!


If you haven't heard anything about it, it is honestly a hip-hop history lesson about Alexander Hamilton and his role with the founding of our nation. Besides dying in the famous duel with Aaron Burr, he was the first U.S. Secretary of the Treasury and known for the creation of a national bank. Seems like dry content, but take if from both of us... SOOOOOO entertaining! I'm glad I studied up on it a bit and listened to the soundtrack so I could follow the rap songs. These guys are good!


And even though are tickets seated us on the third level, we could see the whole stage and it was actually pretty cool because they kept changing the scenes without interruption to the flow of music or story. I can't say enough how amazing it was!

I'll quit babbling. I'm tired but won't be able to sleep anyway since I have so many of the songs in my head!

Who lives? Who dies? Who tells your story?

No comments: