Thursday, February 6, 2020

Double Take


You may have to do a double-take with this photo. If you look closely, it almost looks like these icicles are the equivalent of yellow snow. Not sure if I can un-see that now!

I guess in this case, we blame the squirrels, eh? Quite certain none of the neighbors dogs or cats are climbing trees. I know our cat probably hung out with human all day or slept on his end of the recliner whether he was there or not.

Tonight I got my turn with our human. Hubby and I went to the girls basketball game at Assumption. It was a double-take for one of our seniors. On Tuesday night, she'd hoped to reach her 1,000th point scored in her basketball career. But, the Royals were matched up against a very tough defense. So she fell short of her 13 points needed.

This evening, she only needed 5 against Athens, which has a slightly worse record than the Royals but not by much. Thankfully, Miss Maddy scored here 5th point – and 1,000th – in the first half so I could put down the camera and enjoy the second half. Congrats!


It was fun to see her score several more baskets after that – and the team win. And to see her fan support in the student section!


It made for a pretty nice date night, if I do say so myself. It won't fly on Valentines' Day, but a random Thursday night in the stands still works.


No comments: