Monday, February 3, 2020

Punxutawney :: Fake News Y'all


The truth of Groundhog Day forecasts has been revealed. And you're not gonna like it. You also are not gonna be surprised.

Since we are trained in the Arctic Tundra to monitor forecasts daily – at a minimum – we knew it was going to chill out in the next few days. We definitely knew better than to believe a hibernating rodent who probably wasn't awake enough to know which end was up.

What I didn't know. Is that Texas isn't faring much better. Why do we care? You probably don't. I do because hubby is in Dallas the next few days for work and I thought maybe he'd escape winter. He is. Kind of. But look how cold it's going to get the next few nights...


Cool and rainy. At least I don't have to worry about being jealous. And, since the precipitation is southbound, I don't have to worry about shoveling out while he's gone either. Everybody wins.

So I guess I'll just sit back and relax. If you count an hour-long deep-tissue massage after work relaxing. Pfft. And if you call the hot steamy epsom salt bath running right now relaxing. Right. We'll see. And watching Virgin River on Netflix while crocheting? Uff da. How much stress can I handle?!

My 66 degrees should feel sorry for ME.

Have a great week, y'all!

No comments: