Friday, February 7, 2020

Puck Stops Here


Although I was at a UW Madison ice rink tonight – the one typically used as home ice for Badger women – I wasn't watching Badgers or women. It just happened to be the setting of a high school game. And I was there on assignment.


I'm friends with this player's grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousins. His dad happens to work for the same company as me – though I just met him in person for the first time tonight. And #2 here plays for Oregon High School, the town south of Madison where my high school BFF and her husband live.

Confused yet? It's surprising how often my worlds collide!

As a favor to the grandparents, I was shooting pictures and will make a poster, similar to what they had done for their other grandchildren. It was an interesting game to watch since the arena is really nice and their opponents – Madison Edgewood – were really good. Madison ended up winning 8-2, but not before our #2 scored a goal.

That was exciting!

Thankfully, the 2-hour drive home was not exciting. No deer. No crazy drivers. No ice or slush. Some snow coming down, but just the last 10 miles or so.

Just glad to get home before midnight so I didn't turn into a pumpkin – or zamboni zuccini or something! Looking forward to checking out my hundreds of photos tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

No comments: