Saturday, February 1, 2020

Weekend Therapy


When you're so into your weekending that you don't know which end is up – I can't tell, can you? – then it's time to grab a girlfriend and go shopping!

Side note: It really is the perfect solution to Housework Avoidance, too.

My friend Cindy and I started off with lunch at Monk's Bar & Grill in Plover/Point. Then made a nice circle of retail activity at Michael's, Sweet Tea, and Kohl's. Then Feltz Dairy Farm, of course.


Oh yes, to be effective, good retail therapy must always be followed by dairy therapy. And they've got a few King Cone flavors year-round. So you know we both felt better! No shame in therapy, folks!

This afternoon, I got a few hundred photos ordered for scrap camp and made some treats for a Super Bowl party.

I learned at Wal-Mart of all places that God probably doesn't want me gambling on any pools tomorrow. I tried getting cash back at the self checkout and it spit some $5's. Then quit halfway. I must have an honest face because they believed me and got me the rest of my money... after opening up the register machine first and trying to determine why it was giving my $5's instead of $20's. Opening every drawer. One at a time.  I'm like, just give me the money, please, then go about fixing the machine. The therapy buzz was fading fast!!

Good thing I had a stop on my way home – The Ridges – to meet some friends for chit-chat and what-not. Some very, very hearty laughter and the therapy thermometer is back in the good range again.

Whew. Weekending is tough.


No comments: