Tuesday, February 18, 2020

How We Roll

This cartoon always makes me laugh. It's just literally what we moms (and dads) go through with teenagers and beyond. Not that I haven't always deserved it.

This gem came up in my Facebook memories today...



It you can't read the text, my post from 6 years ago today said:

Told Carter to ride the bus home today. Then he calls after school and reminds me there is NO BUS today because public schools weren't in session. ... Which we knew because he needed a ride TO school. Duh me. I guess I do deserve his eye rolls once in a while! (But I'm only admitting that ONCE.)

Some day when our children have their first blonde moment, make that first mistake ever, they'll realize we just try to do our best! I would tell you parents of teens that this magically happens when they go away to college and finally appreciate you. But that would by lying. I mean some do, but I was probably 30 when I finally wizened up that way.

And side note: Even with kids out of the house, hubbies can be pretty talented eye-rollers, too.

Can't wait to read my Facebook "memories" 6 years from now when I hopefully can laugh all my blonde-turned-senior moments! I don't doubt I'll still be the first one to laugh at my own jokes. And honestly won't mind it if I'm lucky enough to have all my eye-rollers still at my side!

Ahhh, memories...


No comments: