Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Off-Season Shenanigans


Most Packers fans will probably remember about five seasons back when Aaron Rodgers had injured his calf during a game against Detroit. And, before returning to the field, tugged on the beard of some guy on the sidelines – seemingly for good luck.

It wasn't the first time he'd done that, nor the last.

Turns out the small world that is MY world, that guy is from Wausau and his line of work that placed him on the Green Bay sidelines at the right time, is the same line of work that brought Mr. Lucky Beard Guy to our office during the past month.

Today, since he was working in our department, we befriended him and warned him there may be some selfie requests and whatever.

When he found out I was a Vikings fan, he gave me the sign of the cross to ward off evil. Then I said, "Don't worry, I won't touch you!" I just want a photo pretending to.


I had to laugh because my hand was closer to the camera so it looks like a huge hand trying to tug at the beard of a leprechaun-like figure!

He was fun and let me assure you, I didn't touch him! So don't blame me if someone or something jinxed his Green and Gold superpowers. Not that I won't be seeing him at work anymore. He'll still be around for a project. We'll see if my shenanigans turn into something evil–or just a wee-bit weird!


No comments: