Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Swept Up In The Hype

OK, I admit I got swept up (pun very intended) in the hype around Monday's broomstick challenge. I happened to stumble upon it during Hallmark movie number two when I was scrolling through social media.

What people were saying is that due to yesterday's gravitational pull of the Earth or something terribly scientific, you could stand your broom up and it would stand on its own ala Disney's Fantasia movie.

Of course I tried it!


When it worked, I was so excited (not sure why) that I quickly took a video and sent it to Jim at bowling. He suspected I'm a witch and his teammates suggested he might not want to come home.

It was such a freaky thing that of course I had to tell everyone about it! Then came the naysayers...

In my defense, I can't call it a "hoax" when it actually worked. But so-called experts have confirmed you can do this any day, not just a special moon phase or something. The center of gravity makes it happen. They're right. I tried it again tonight and it worked.

For the record, I do use my broom occasionally. Just never thought to stand it up on its own. Who knew?

The good news is that I am not witch. Heck, if I did have special powers, I would have made the broom sweep the floor!

In fact, Jim was incredulous that I was just doing this because of some weird challenge on social media. "So you didn't actually have the broom out to do any cleaning?"

Well, no silly. Where's the fun in that?

No comments: