Sunday, December 6, 2020

All Elves Accounted For

Probably admitting a little too much mental instability if I say I have multiple personalities. Let's just say my inner elf (er elves) had an interesting Sunday.

First, Faithful Elf got to "attend" online church service and share in the joy of prepping for Christmas.


Then Lucky Elf got to take a nice walk around the lake, enjoy the sunshine, and later celebrate an undeserved lucky win in OT!


Nature Elf also got to see seven swans-a-swimming again. They have much more staying power than is probably smart. Go South already!


Then Judgmental Elf somehow kept her mouth shut when she saw this kid running across an impossibly thin layer of ice. My judgment is against the two adults nearby. If there is that much open water that geese and swans are swimming everywhere, why do you HAVE to go ice fishing today? And why on earth would you subject your kids to the danger? Just judgmental me asking questions. Definitely can't grasp the mindset.

After Snappy Elf and her photo subject braved chilly temps this afternoon, we got my final senior portrait session of the fall done. Yup, technically still autumn on the calendar.


Then Blessed Elf got to see this glorious sunset on her drive home. Followed by shopping with hubby, where Agreeable Elf made surprisingly quick joint decisions on a dishwasher and kitchen lighting.

Then, when we got home, I realized that mail lady came on Sunday and delivered my Christmas Cupcake K-Cups.

Or not. Can you say fool me once AND twice? How can they screw this order up two times in two weeks? I must be on a serious naughty list somewhere! I refuse to be called Naughty Elf, though. 

Hubby thinks maybe High Maintenance Elf works. He said the next time I say I'm not high maintenance, he's just gonna reply, "Sweet Potato Pie." Ugh. 

We elves get no respect at the North Hemisphere.


No comments: