Thursday, December 3, 2020

If 2020 Was A...


This may be offensive to my fellow Scandi-hoovians. But you gotta admit, it's the truth. Just think worst food combinations prepared in a worst case scenario manner. Lutefisk Hot Pockets at the gas station definitely fit the bill.

Now if 2020 was a coffee flavor... I'd have to say Sweet Potato Pie. Make it decaffeinated for the win.

And yes, it is such a thing. And I regret I have first-hand knowledge.

So a few weeks ago, I finally realized that if I purchase so many items online, why don't I just order my K-Cups. Then I can pick from endless flavors and it gets delivered free – when I use Amazon Prime. Which is most of the time.

All week I've been patiently waiting for my Christmas Cupcake flavor to arrive, and I open the box and find this instead...


Yup. Sweet Potato Pie not only exists, I now have 18 K-cups of it against my will. I think in all my years of using Amazon, this is the first mix-up. So I'm going to let it slide. Especially because it said it was non-returnable and non-refundable – but my good friend Rajul on the online chat gave me a refund. And told me I could keep the coffee. Yay me.

I only have a few standards when it comes to coffee. It has to be hot (sorry cold coffee fans) and it is has to be caffeinated! Now I know I need to add that it has to taste good, too. 

And no, despite hubby's urging, I haven't tried the exciting new flavor that landed on my doorstep. Just gonna let this one go. Any takers? You can have a Merry Decaf Christmas on me.

Hopefully my correct caffeinated Christmas Cupcake order will arrive in a few days. Sigh. Only in 2020, right?

No comments: