Thursday, December 31, 2020

Day 301 :: Let the Sun Set on 2020

The sun is setting on 2020 and it can't happen fast enough. Pretty sure we're all saying the same thing!

Here we are on New Year's Eve... Day 301 – Post Washington. Now that is insane amount of time to be mostly at home except for grocery store trips, photo shoots, golf in the summer, and that's pretty much it.

We tell our kids that this pandemic is the strangest thing we've lived through in our entire lives. From the virus to the TP shortage to the riots to the election, it really seems like we're in some crazy end-of-days movie. And, like you, I'm hoping when we turn the calendar page tomorrow that we start getting closer to a Hallmark happy ending!

While hubby and I – and most of our families – have remained virus-free, we lost out on plenty. We both should have been traveling for work – I was so excited about Salt Lake City. We were not able to have dinners, campfires, and concerts with friends. And I missed out on several musicals that were rescheduled, then canceled. We missed the Ryder Cup. Thankfully tickets will work for 2021.

But most importantly, we missed time with friends and family and, well, anyone we normally would greet with a hug. Oh I miss those hugs. Seriously, look out when this is over. I will not be able to contain myself!

So will it be over soon? Here are the current numbers in Wood County where we live.

I remember how horrified I was when the numbers jumped from single digits to the teens. I did not see this coming. For my own historical perspective, there have been two vaccines that have been approved and are starting to be dispersed worldwide. Obviously, they'll do elderly and essential workers and who knows who else long before it gets to John Q. Public. And I don't know if we're talking months or another whole year. Plus there's a new strain of the coronavirus out there somewhere, too.

No other news for me to document. I'll continue to work from my home office through the winter at least, I'm guessing. It's hard to plan for anything at this point.

I don't even know if we're planning to stay up until midnight tonight. We have absolutely nothing going on. And we don't really need to experience any more of 2020 than necessary.

Let's hope and pray there is sunshine on the horizon of 2021. Happy new year!

No comments: