Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Technology Time Capsule


Thought I'd actually try to accomplish something today while hubby was out of the house working the boys' Cranberry Classic basketball tourney at Assumption. So I tackled the closet in what was formerly known as "the computer room" and has been "Jim's office" for the past eight years or so.

The picture above shows what happens when you're cleaning out a closet and you stumble upon a Technology Time Capsule. Apparently, we were concerned about keeping the instructions – and boxes – just in case we needed them. For what, I don't know. (Pretty sure I inherited that logic.)

How many gadgets from the past decade can you identify? Ha. 

We've got a flip phone box, a few non-working pedometers from our days in Iola, boxes for at least three different generations of Samsung Galaxy phones, a box for a Garmin (I guess that was pre-GPS in vehicles and on phones), two for wi-fi routers, one for a "netbook," and lord knows what else.

I got as far as taking them out of the closet and to the kitchen table. I really meant to go through and figure out if it all can be discarded or recycled. But purposely distracted myself and went to take pictures at the basketball tournament. Just the two Assumption games... so I could justify my procrastination.

Looks like it's going to be a Thursday project. After a few more basketball games, of course. 

I mean those boxes aren't going anywhere. Technology might advance while I'm still sorting through them, though!


No comments: