Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Colorful Spirit of Giving

When it comes to giving and receiving, it's the givers who often say they enjoy the process as much as the receivers. They like seeing the joy on the receiver's face. And as a nice bonus, the givers often get something in return.

That was my experience tonight.

I was on a top secret Secret Santa mission to something to someone in a nearby (sort of) town. It was one of those ding-dong-dash sort of moments, where I sneaked up to the house – under the cloak of fading daylight – hung the gift on an entrance door, rung the bell then ran like... heck. I don't even know if the door bell worked, but I got in a good cardio workout. #iRanToday

We'll see how that plays out. I was already rewarded, though, for my good deeds.

When I saw the sun setting in the very cloudy sky, I caught sight of something bright to the south. I was thinking a fire, but it was too pink. 

I didn't want to click and drive too long so this was the best I could do. But you can see it popping color. It was pretty just to see that little bit of the colorful sunset.

Plus somewhere in that direction, there's people who will be blessed with a gloriously colorful view at the end of their day. Some of them might be humming Joy to the World. Some may be stressed about the pandemic – or simply finding time to get stocking stuffers. 

No matter what was in their minds, I believe they forgot for a minute, enjoyed the gift, and soaked in the spirit of the season.

Nobody said red and green are the only Christmas colors!


No comments: