Saturday, December 19, 2020

He Sees You When You're Sneaking

My days of being the Stealth Elf were over before they really began. Thought I did a good job sneaking up to my Secret Santa White Elephant victim, er recipient's, house. But during our Zoom department holiday "party" yesterday, I learned differently. 

My co-worker in Auburndale (about half hour away) didn't see me or hear the doorbell. But I was caught... on video camera, that is. Dang. Foiled again! What's this world coming to when you can't stalk people properly?!

For my gift, I got a weird flat felt mouse... and my giver mailed it via personalized stationary. Ope! Maybe it's a good thing none of us are that good at sneaking around. Santa's watching, you know!

I did sneak in some exercise today...

Haha. Not me here. Saw them when I walked around the lake. I did find it ambitious that "kids" actually cleared off the ice and were playing hockey and skating just for fun. I think I knew a few but was pretty sure they wouldn't acknowledge me.

Because my days as Fashion Elf were also over before they began.

Yes, I did wear my festive fleece-lined leggings in public. It was a nice day to relax at the beach! Yes, they were warm. Nope, hubby didn't even notice when I got home that I was coming in from the outside world, where I'd been seen with elf pants on. Good thing he's not Santa. He's not paying attention.

Of course, maybe I can get away with some sneaking then. This Procrastination Elf needs to get some presents wrapped! 


No comments: