Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Becoming Unraveled

There's a limit to multi-tasking. Sometimes we learn the hard way. 


Somebody who likes soft, warm things is turning 30 on Sunday. So I had this brilliant idea last week to crochet him a velvety, plush blanket. And get it done last week so hubby could ship it off to Bellingham, Washington, on time. 

I binged my Emily in Paris show on Netflix and got to hooking. I was pleased to have it finished last Wednesday night. But then I held it up and realized I had consistently dropped stitches. Basically, in layman's terms, the blanket wasn't a rectangle. It gradually got narrower up top. UGH. So I did what any hooker would do...


I unraveled more than half the stitches. And realizing I was going to state hoops the next day and scrapbooking all weekend, I unraveled a bit myself.

Obviously I was too tired to consider making sense of this pile when I got home last night. So I got some sleep. Worked today. (No small feat there.) Shot a grade school hoops game. (Have to withdraw in stages.) Then came home to hook like the crazy stepmother I am. But guess what?


Tis finished! We'll ship it tomorrow and he probably won't get it in time for his birthday. But we should score points for parents with good intentions, I hope! Either way, I am in love with this new soft, velvety yarn so I may have to use it again. 

And hopefully not become unraveled next time!

1 comment:

FIVER Environment Group Co.Ltd said...

Hello Friend,

Nice and great information I found in this blog. Thanx for sharing this information. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.


UV Lamp Supplier