Sunday, March 14, 2021

Daylight Family Time Begins

With the beginning of Daylight Saving Time, the geese are flying north and so is this Robyn to see her momma. Hubby and I did the 400-mile round trip to see my mom for the first time since Labor Day weekend.

She's had both vaccination shots and could accept company in her home. (That's her bird light above.) We were all masked up, but dang, nothing replaces a personal hug with your mom!! We took her to lunch and my sister Renell joined us. Then is was back to Mom's apartment.

I brought a Mom-sized trifle as a pre-birthday treat – she'll be 89 next week – but of course Mom had baked a homemade carrot cake so that won out for dessert!

Still, my little pistachio trifle survived the 4-hour trip intact, so I was grateful for that!

Mom enjoyed her gift of a "recliner blanket" I made her. You see why I had to include purple? She loves purple. Not the Vikings, just regular purple. And she looks good in it!


My twin sister and her husband stopped by, too, so I got to see two R sisters (Carter's godmothers) besides the almost-birthday girl. Very nice visit. Hoping I can return around Mother's Day time and see the whole R gang!

We swung by to say hello to Dad at the Laketown cemetery. I thanked him for watching over all of us and keeping us safe. I know he heard me because we saw an eagle not 5 minutes later. That's always my sign with Dad.

Got home around 8:30 p.m. Am happy report it was still somewhat daylight at 7:30 p.m. Not sure how I'll adjust to all this when a real day (aka Awake early and work 8 hours) comes tomorrow. 

At least I had my daylight family time that I'll be saving in my memory bank!

No comments: