Thursday, March 4, 2021

Extra Extra Innings

It's crazy to think that a year ago today I was having a ball (literally) with my team at work during our annual "bonus day." The theme was spring training and we really did have a ball. Walked out of there to get home and pack for Bellingham, and never went back.

Craziness!

As usual, a year can fly by so quickly – even during the boring parts where you got sick of seeing "stuff" and started decluttering like a mad woman. Or you were so bored you actually watched an episode or two (not counting) of Tiger King. Eek. What a year!

So to come full circle, this week is our celebration of successes again at work. This year, it's a different theme but I've had baseball on my brain all day. And not just because the real spring training is happening. But because I heard from one of my all-time faves. 

I'll give you a clue...

Not kidding, people! I did hear from Paul Molitor this morning! He had a special message for our writing team. Yes, you can pay people to say things. And yes, our director did. And yes, I'm thrilled about it.


So on an app called Cameo you can pay people to deliver your message to someone.  They talk and the person getting the video can share it with friends or family or co-workers and brighten their day. In this case, Paul congratulated us on a successful year of hard work. He said he understands there's a mix of Brewers and Twins (just me) fans on our team and hoped we all got along because both places hold a special place in heart.

So yeah, I'm pretty stinkin' special.

I mean, along with my teammates. I mean these no I in team unless I'm saying I love Paul Molitor! Play ball!


No comments: