Sunday, March 21, 2021

Circle of Pandemic Life

For some of us, it turns out the circle in the Circle of Life during a pandemic is actually what shape our bodies become. The Quarantine 15 is a real thing. And I've got it.

Since this fun began a year ago, our church has been closed for worship. Instead we've had our services online through Facebook Live and YouTube or on TV through public access. The only one's present at services are the pastor, her husband, the organist, any guest singers, the reader, and the sound booth people. Today I was the reader so I got to go in person.


It was nice to be back! 

The first struggle after having to set an alarm was finding finding something "grown-up" to wear. I think I've only had to wear "real life" clothes a handful times in the 381 days I've been home-ish. All I can tell you is something is wrong with my closet. It shrunk my clothes!

I squeezed into something and found out later that I was on-camera after all, just the scripture words were on screen with my voice.


Next time I won't waste my time curling my hair. Ha. But I did realize with my tight clothes and my double chin that this would be my last post-church latte treat for a while. 

I took a walk around the lake to get some steps in (while hubby golfed outside actually). Still am going to have to figure out something to prevent this Quarantine 15 from sliding up to 20 or worse! Any ideas? Please don't tell me it's something hard like eating right and exercising!

No comments: