Monday, March 1, 2021

Sun Sets on February and a 4-Day Weekend


Hello and happy March! As far as I'm concerned, it came in like a lamb. Not as warm as the super weather we've been having, but my key indicator is that I didn't have to shovel out my car or scrap off snow or ice before I could leave Camp Crop-A-Lot!

I've never done the full Friday-Monday schedule but as you can see, the sun was setting as I pulled out of the Lions Camp driveway tonight. I feel like I haven't been home (or blogged) for a month. And as hubby pointed out, I have been gone since last month! (Which meant he got a nice vacation from ME, too!)

What a whirlwind of a extended weekend. I averaged about 5 hours of sleep so I'm not going get long-winded here. This time.

Thursday was a crazy amazing day down in La Crosse for state hoops. Our girls earned two hard-fought victories to earn them the Division 5 State Championship! Close, nail-biter games to it was a bit stressful for fans, too! I got to shoot pictures court side so that was fun. too. And I was on TV a few times. (Hey, the camera adds 20 pounds during a pandemic!)

We got home after 10 on the fan bus and I started going through pictures to upload. Of course I had a least 600 images per game to go through – plus the celebration! I knew the girls wouldn't want to wait until I got home tonight to see them, so I did the final game pictures Thursday night, went to bed at 4 a.m., then got up at 8:30 to do the semifinal game pictures before I let myself leave for scrap camp.

Thankfully, I was pretty much set to go. I was at my table and scrapping by 2 p.m. Not bad. It was a very different camp this year. Usually around 50 of us. This year was 20 or less, all at our own tables and wearing masks, etc. Still so fun! Plus we had that gorgeous day Saturday so I got out for a nice walk, too! 

My goal was to at least finish my 2015 album. And that's why I stayed later than usual. (For me.) Got it finished by supper time – which meant I got 45 pages done this weekend. So happy about that! And so sleep-deprived. 

Gonna shower, watch The Voice, sleep in my warm, comfy bed, then try to remember how to log into my work computer in the morning!

Did I miss anything while I was gone?!

No comments: