Saturday, March 13, 2021

Keep Springing Forward


Despite the digital age we live in, I wanted a hold-in-my-hands book about Alaska to help preparation for my trip with my sister Renell in 93 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes and 27 seconds. Well 25 seconds, 20.... OK, you get the picture.

So I was pretty excited at the efficient of this book about the specific area of Alaska we'll be bee-bopping around: Anchorage, Denali, and Seward and Homer in the Kenai Peninsula. I forced it to sit on my cupboard so I could work yesterday (and play) and get stuff done today like housework and shopping and walking.


I even saw a glacier at the lake! Ice is breaking up! The big spring meltdown! I think we came close to 60 degrees today so at least a third of Lake Wazeecha was open water. On the west end, though, the Wazeecha Glacier is slowly breaking up.

Was so nice out, in fact, I didn't get around to looking at that book yet. So I'm going to set the clocks forward an hour now and start my "bedtime reading." 

Then I'll be 93 days, 10 hours, 8 minutes and 27 seconds away from our trip! Keep springing forward!

No comments: