Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Get My Kicks at 66


I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound like a Farmer's Almanac broken record, but I can't stop talking about this awesome weather.  I should say, this awesome record-setting weather!

Today in Rapids we set a new record high of 66 degrees, smashing that old record of 59 – which is welcomed anytime in March, as well. Believe me.

It was so nice out that I took three walks! Just had to soak in the sun and warmth while I could. At one point I could hear Mr. Deck Chair begging to come out of lockdown. Sorry, mister. I don't want you to jinx it! Bad enough were slumping back down in temps the rest of the week. We don't need a summertime chair on the front deck, inviting Ol' Man Winter to stop by and have seat. 

No sir. Don't need that.

I know we're in for a thunderstorm tomorrow so that'll melt more snow and raise some water levels in the yard and the roads and the rivers. Hopefully nothing drastic. I'll just ignore the headlines about the major snowstorm this weekend that may or may not head our way.

Maybe it'll get its kicks on Route 66 and leave central Wisconsin alone! We're not laying out the welcome mat – or the deck chair.




No comments: