Thursday, March 18, 2021

Secret Reflections


As a self-proclaimed photographer, I've learned over time to not only look through the view finder at the focal point of your photo, but the details surrounding it. 

Don't have a person stand where it might look like the post in the background is coming out of their head. Use your flash if you're taking a photo of someone be a sunset – otherwise the back-lighting will leave their front side in shadows. And so on and so on.

When taking a quick picture out the living room window of the sunset last night, I didn't realize my phone was also picking up the window's reflection of the living room. Thank goodness I was watching something "decent."

Yup, you're eyes aren't playing tricks on you. I was hanging out with Winston Churchill, lighting stogies. Or at least John Lithgow playing WC in the series The Crown. Now you know what I decided to binge next on Netflix. And yes, I realize I am 4 years late, coming to the party. What terrible etiquette!

I really enjoyed the movie The King's Speech. It's like this series picks up where that left off. And I'm liking it! Since this is my "down time" on my social calendar, I figure I can get through all 4 seasons before spring sports starts – with none other than the Royals. 

Just slap me up if I start asking you to bow and kiss my ring or my camera lens. Thank you, loyal subjects... er, readers.

No comments: