Monday, July 12, 2021

Happy Boot-Day to Me


Hard to believe it's been 3 years since I first donned das boot after breaking my pinky toe. You know, typical breakage when you're barefoot in the early morning and you accidentally step in cat poop and try to fling it off your foot and hit the door frame by mistake and break your toe. One of those typical breaks.

So glad I recovered and could resume full use of my pinky toe. Oh, how do we use it? Definitely a part of balance when you're on the golf course and you're putting or chipping with your un-level ball above or below your feet. Or when you dig into your sand stance in a bunker.

Not that I've done that recently. Or all of those one night. I mean, unless you count tonight.

Got to sub again for the Monday night league at The Ridges. A day after a round with two pars and a birdie, I was flying high on that false confidence you get after a good round. Because reality always crashes that down.

Still, I had a ball tonight...



We won't win any prizes but we had a good time. I tried to teach these ladies the finer points of grunting to get that ball going. Not everyone is into that. At least it helped me on the par 5. Not saying I parred it.

Hey, just because my toe and foot have gotten better over time, doesn't mean my golf game has. I wonder if they have das boot for that?

No comments: