Sunday, July 18, 2021

Hugs and Kisses

After years of holiday parties and bridal and baby showers in my family, I've honed my guessing-game skills. And today that paid off. In a sweet way.

How many kisses are in this jar? Make your guess before reading further. 

I was at a bridal shower brunch for Macyn, one of Carter's classmates. Being the competitive sort, I made sure to submit my guess of 333 kisses. I was only 5 off. If you guessed 338, then I guess I'll have to share with you!

Too bad I'm not back in the office yet. Will chocolate keep for 6 weeks? I've never worried about chocolate expiring before. Have you? Probably won't have to worry this time either. If hubby helps, we can each have 4 kisses a day and we're done come Labor Day. We'll see if we're up for the challenge. It's just fun to say Jim and I "share kisses" all the time! 

After getting home from the bridal shower with my chocolate kisses, we went over to our nephew's for real hugs and kisses.


Got to meet little Eli and he woke up just enough to blow Great-Aunt Robyn some kisses. Isn't he the cutest?! He was sleeping for the most part so I didn't want to disturb him. Just settled on "air" hugs and kisses for now. 

If I had to guess – and I'm good at that – I'd have to say we'll make up for it in no time! 

Lord, just keep this pandemic at bay so we can love on these kids!

No comments: