Sunday, July 11, 2021

R Family Reunion

For the first time since our December of 2019 family Christmas celebration my mom and her 8 R's and their families got together. Stupid pandemic.

It was a really fun day yesterday and so great to see just about everyone in our clan. We met at a park in Siren and had absolutely perfect weather – high 70s, a little breeze, and no mosquitoes! My nephew and family from South Dakota came – haven't seen them in a few years – and there were lots of littles running around. 

Lots of yard games. Even my mom got into it with a game of "Jarts" or whatever they call it now.  And lots and lots of laughs.


It was my brother-in-law Ken's 60th birthday so he had to show the little kids he could still climb the monkey bars. They should have been much more impressed!


Can you tell they're sisters?! Sit up straight and stick your chest out. And whatever you do, don't laugh, Ro and Romey!


My nephew Tim was very proud of his t-shirt. I knew I should've worn purple!


My niece Beth towering over her mom and Aunt Rayna (home from Arizona this week).


Nothing says cool like my favorite cowboy – nephew Zach.


My nephew Travis and his girlfriend and my niece-in-law.


So happy to see Tim again, except...


For that ugly shirt!


Rayna and Ron, who pointed out there's only 2 of the 8 kids with "unprocessed" hair. Ha.


Pretty true. We all look good being together and healthy and happy!


Eight out of the 11 grandkids. Matthew had left and Tony and Carter couldn't make it.


Grandma joined the grandkids but the sun was so bright, she put on Caryn's sunglasses. Then Zach did a rock-n-roll sign and Caryn couldn't stop laughing. And I love this photo. And I love these kids!


And then throw in their families. So blessed! And so grateful we could celebrate everything we've missed in the past 18 months.

We had the pavilion for the day, so Jim and I stayed in Luck instead of driving back late. Today, we got up, grabbed a breakfast sandwich at the Luck gas station, then headed over the Luck Golf Course

Got on right away and played 18 hilly holes. Beautiful weather. Nice course – it's been about 15 years since we last played it. And I had a nice score on the back 9. Two pars and drum roll, please... my first birdie of 2021!



At the bottom of this picturesque hole lies a Callaway golf ball. It used to live with me.


Pretty, though!


There were some narrow fairways. This one reminded us of golfing in the Dells with its drop off right off the tee box.


Jim bought me a golf ball. Good thing I didn't play with it and lose it in the tiny lake!

On the way home, we had a picnic lunch in Cumberland – Burger King at a picnic table by some church – and got home by late afternoon. 

I don't think the cat missed us. For real. She had tons of fresh air instead of a closed up, air-conditioned house. So she's content and sleepy. I had lots of fresh air this weekend, too. I think this "good sleeping weather" will be perfect for us all.

No comments: