Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Pushing Their Luck

I wish this was a real four-leaf clover so it could bring some luck to our Olympians. What a tough day for women's gymnastics. I mean, if you're American, that is.

After the first rounds in the team competition, our team leader (aka G.O.A.T.) Simone Biles dropped out and the rest of the team had to step up to the plate. I should use a gymnastic analogy, not baseball/softball. The rest of the team had to chalk it up!

And they did. They really showed why they, too, earned a spot on the Olympics team. 

Glad I got to see Grace McCallum perform. I told you I take ownership of these athletes. Well Grace trains at the same gymnastics facility as my great-niece. So I do KNOW her. LOL. She's super nice and talented and an excellent role model for the Junior Olympians. My niece definitely has potential AND a goal!

And you know what, a silver medal still means you're an Olympic medalist! How awesome.

Hopefully things turn around for Simone and her mental health issues. As someone who takes medication for an anxiety and panic disorder, I know all about not being able to function sometimes. It's hard to put in words what we're going through when it happens, but I don't wish it on anyone. Especially on an international stage.

The truth is, these are just youngsters trying to live out their dreams. They don't owe us anything. Our role is just to support them and push as much luck on to them as we can! 

Let's go, girls! It ain't over yet! 

No comments: