Monday, July 5, 2021

Toasty Holiday Par-Tee


We had an 80s sandwich for weather today. It was 80 quickly this morning and now, at 8:30 p.m., it's 81 degrees. In between it got up to I'm not sure, but the heat index in Rapids was a toasty 96 degrees in midafternoon.

Wow!


Despite being super tired at the early alarm on my holiday, 8 a.m. golf was a good call. Met my friend Christine and her brother and nephew at Tri-City bright and early.


We're definitely smiling in this picture because of the air-conditioning in the clubhouse – nothing happy about how our round went. Well, other than we had fun. And cursed a little. Great to see her (especially) before she heads back home to the Kenosha-Racine area.

Hubby also had an early tee time. He took son #2 up to Wisconsin River. Since they played 18 holes, it was definitely getting hot out before they were done.

The rest of my day consisted of a few chores, a good nap, some reading and some Alaska picture sorting. Hate to spend too much time on the computer on a day off so I'll just sit back and watch my Twins on TV for a bit. Not sure why they're being televised here tonight. Maybe the network feels sorry for how badly they're playing these days.

If that's the case, they might want to televise my golf game, too!





No comments: