Thursday, July 1, 2021

Dinner Date

I'm going to guess these two gulls have known each other awhile. They can share a meal and know when to take turns – even if they both love their favorite fish guts or sea urchins or whatever. But if they were married, it may have taken a few hours to decide on where to eat. 

Hubby bird: Where do you want to eat?

Wife bird: I don't care. Where do you want to go?

Hubby bird: I don't care either. That's why I asked you.

To avoid the aforesaid conversation, our friends Mike and Cindy just decided to take Jim and I out to eat for anniversary. They chose the place and we could pick the day and time. As it happened, this evening, our actual anniversary, was open. And they took us to Two Lakes Supper Club. A mutual favorite of all 4 of us! 


So it's been something like 25 years with this guy – but officially 19 years today, according to Clark County, Nevada. (That's Vegas for those not in the know.) 

I had no trouble deciding what to eat since Two Lakes offers the best coconut shrimp on the planet on Thursdays and Saturdays. And obviously, with my hand clutching the container, I couldn't trust my cheesecake-to-go to just anybody.


It was Carter's last evening home so he and Dad shared a New Orleans pizza. Very delish!


My coconut shrimp sister also got cheesecake to go. Notice how we put it down so we look happy and filled with love, friendship, and healthy choices? I'm still full, by the way. 

And my heart is full, too.

I won't get all mushy, but I am so blessed to celebrate another trip around the sun with my soul mate. Just like those gulls, he knows when to share the good stuff, be my wing man during the tough stuff – and never come between me and my cheesecake, of course.

That's true love. (For those not in the know.)

No comments: