Saturday, July 3, 2021

Red, White and Blue, Too


A trickster waterskier with a PBR tank on and "jorts"? That's July 4th weekend in Wisconsin! 

And also part of the Shermalot Water Ski Show Team show down on Lake Sherwood this eve. I just started going though pictures but I liked this one! Figured I'd better blog before midnight and finish them up after. (Probably share some more tomorrow night.)

So far the holiday weekend is following the Red, White and Blue theme: 

RED: That might possibly be our skin color today after highs in the 90s.

My friend Marigene and I had a tee time for mid-morning before it got too hot. For me, it was a day at the beach. In the sand on at least two holes! Still.... FUN.

WHITE: That might possibly be part of the hair color of someone in this house celebrating a birthday today. You didn't hear that from me!

BLUE: That is partially how we felt last night, celebrating what would be the 55th birthday and sharing memories of our friend Greg, who left us too soon 2 years ago. 


We had a good group gathered and we felt blessed – especially after all the COVID-19 stuff – that we could get together and visit and laugh and cry and hug. It was needed and appreciated.

Not much on the docket the rest of the weekend. Even on late Saturday night, it feels good to say we've still got 2 more days of the weekend left!

Be safe out there!


No comments: